As a home cook, I always enjoy discovering new drink recipes to wow my family and friends.
And, Applebee’s Dracula Juice is one drink that never fails to impress.
A perfect drink for any gathering, it’s a mix of fresh blackberries, rum, lemonade, and cranberry juice that creates a tarty, fruity, and boozy drink that is sure to satisfy any taste bud.
In this recipe, I will show you how to recreate Applebee’s Dracula Juice at home with easily accessible ingredients.
Why You’ll Love This Drink
- Fruity and refreshing: Applebee’s Dracula Juice is a delicious and refreshing drink made with fresh blackberries, cranberry juice, and frozen lemonade that packs a fruity punch.
- Boozy good time: With rum and raspberry liqueur, this drink packs a punch that will add to any occasion
- Easy to make: This recipe is quick and easy to make, taking only a few minutes.
- Perfect for any gathering: Applebee’s Dracula Juice is an excellent drink addition to any party or gathering.
- Eye-catching: The dark mixture of blackberries gives the drink its spooky dark hue, making it an excellent choice for Halloween-themed parties.
- Cocktail Shaker: It is essential for helping to mix and chill the ingredients quickly. I recommend using the Boston-style shaker, which is two pieces and comes with a strainer.
- Muddler: An essential tool for mashing the blackberries, a muddler helps release the juices and flavors from the berries.
- Jigger: The jigger helps measure the ingredients for the perfect balance of flavors in your drink.
- Strainer: Using a strainer is helpful to keep the blackberry remains out of your drink and give your cocktail a silky texture.
- Ballon glass: A wine glass or ballon glass showcases the color and depth of the cocktail, adding to the aesthetic appeal of the drink.
- Straw: A reusable or eco-friendly straw makes the drinking experience enjoyable and safe for the environment.
- 4 Fresh Blackberries: Fresh blackberries are an essential component of this recipe that give it a natural fruity flavor.
- 2 oz Bacardi Superior Rum: Bacardi Superior is a popular and affordable rum which serves as a base spirit in this recipe.
- ½ oz Dekuyper Razzmatazz: The raspberry liqueur adds a dash of fruity sweetness to the cocktail.
- ½ oz Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice: Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice provides a tarty and sour flavor for a perfect balance of all flavors.
- 1 oz Frozen Lemonade: The frozen lemonade serves as a sweet and sour flavor addition that enhances the taste of the cocktail.
- Ice Cubes: Ice cubes are used to help chill the ingredients and ensure that the cocktail is served cold and refreshing.
How To Make Applebee’s Dracula Juice
- Step 1 – Muddle the blackberries in a cocktail shaker to release its flavors.
- Step 2 – Add ice cubes to the cocktail shaker.
- Step 3 – Pour Bacardi Superior Rum, Dekuyper Razzmatazz, and Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice into the cocktail shaker.
- Step 4 – Shake the mixture for approximately 30 seconds to combine and chill.
- Step 5 – Strain the mixture into a ballon glass.
- Step 6 – Top with Frozen Lemonade, stir and enjoy your Applebee’s-inspired Dracula juice.
Ingredient Variations and Substitutions
- You can use any brand of raspberry liqueur in place of Dekuyper Razzmatazz, but they may alter the flavor slightly.
- For a more tart flavor, you can switch cranberry juice with grape juice or pomegranate juice.
- A lemon-lime soda like Sprite can also be used instead of Frozen lemonade for a sweeter alcoholic beverage. Just make it non-frozen, and adjust the amount of soda to your taste.
Preparation and Cooking Tips
- Use fresh and ripe blackberries for a better taste.
- Make sure to shake the cocktail shaker well enough to combine all the ingredients evenly.
- Do not over-muddle the blackberries; otherwise, they will create a murky drink.
- Adjust the amount of lemonade based on your taste preference.
- For a stronger drink, add more Bacardi Superior Rum.
- Chill the ballon glass before serving for an even more refreshing experience.
- Appetizers: Applebee’s Dracula juice pairs well with finger foods like Mozzarella sticks, egg rolls, and chicken wings.
- Main course: It goes well with grilled or roasted chicken, steak, and fish.
- Dessert: Pair this drink with fruity desserts like pies, sorbets, or ice-creams to complement its fruity flavor.
- Blackberries provide an excellent source of nutrients and antioxidants that help promote healthy skin, support digestion, and boost immunity.
- Cranberry juice helps reduce the risk of various infections and diseases, including bladder infections, kidney stones, and heart diseases.
- Bacardi Superior Rum, when consumed in moderation, provides stress relief, improves digestion and heart health.
- Lemons are an excellent source of Vitamin C and contain various antioxidants that help prevent cancer, support digestion, and promote weight loss.
Storage Tips and Shelf Life
This drink is best when fresh and served right after making it. However, if you have leftover Dracula Juice, you can store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a day or two. Store the leftover lemonade separately, covered, and refrigerated. Do not freeze this cocktail, as the combination would not work well
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh lemonade instead of frozen lemonade?
Yes, you can use fresh lemonade. However, frozen lemonade provides a slushy texture that adds to the overall drinking experience.
Can I use a different type of berry instead of blackberry?
Yes, you can use raspberries or blueberries for a similar flavor.
Is this drink suitable for non-alcohol drinkers?
You can make this drink alcohol-free by skipping Bacardi Superior Rum and replacing it with more cranberry juice.
Applebee’s Dracula Juice Recipe
- Cocktail shaker
- Ballon glass
- 4 Blackberries Fresh
- 2 oz Bacardi Superior Rum
- ½ oz Dekuyper Razzmatazz
- ½ oz Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice
- 1 oz Frozen Lemonade
- Ice Cubes
- Muddle the blackberries in a cocktail shaker to release its flavors.
- Add ice cubes to the cocktail shaker.
- Pour Bacardi Superior Rum, Dekuyper Razzmatazz, and Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice into the cocktail shaker.
- Shake the mixture for approximately 30 seconds to combine and chill.
- Strain the mixture into a ballon glass.
- Top with Frozen Lemonade, stir and enjoy your Applebee's-inspired Dracula juice.
- Garnish with a blackberry and a lemon slice for presentation purposes.
- Adjust the sweetness according to your liking.
- Use a cocktail spoon or stirrer to mix the ingredients if you don’t have a straw.
Michael Brown, a passionate beverage writer, thrives on exploring the intricacies of wine, beer, and spirits. Outside of writing, he relishes discovering new breweries, visiting vineyards, and globetrotting to uncover unique spirits.